Frank Artiles has always stood alongside children, teachers and parents in order to improve and ensure a quality education. He knows that success starts in the classroom and is proud to have earned an “A” from the Foundation for Florida’s Future, 2016 Education Report Card, for his work in improving educational opportunities for all children.
- Highest Education funding in Florida history!
- Over $80 million dollars for teacher bonuses (Best and Brightest)
- STEM Teacher Certification (HB 189) – Makes it easier to get teachers in high demand fields(science, technology, engineering, math) by cutting regulations for high skilled fields and helps students prepare for the modern workforce.
- Gardiner Scholarship for Special Needs Students (PLSA)
- Open Enrollment Charter School Accountability (HB 7029) – Helps ensure students have quality public school options.
- Competency based education pilot program – Allows students to learn at their own pace and advance if possible.
- Principal Autonomy Pilot Program – Gives Principals the flexibility and training to turn around failing schools.
- In state tuition for U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants, veterans and reservists when attending Florida Colleges and Universities.